Thursday, May 19, 2011

Mad About Media

I’d been stalling on this reflection of my experiences sharing media tools.  I had hoped that my simple insights posted to my PLNs or Twitter accounts would spur a reply or two.  I thought making public my first LiveBinders, Glogster and SecondLife worlds would generate a query from someone outside of my graduate classroom.  I was wrong.  Alas, I’ve been intellectually spurned instead.  Alright, perhaps that’s a bit too dramatic for this reflection.  I have, after all, gained more followers that are unknown to me than known. (sniffle)  That’s nothing to sneeze at, right?  Right.  And I’ve had visits from strangers; they’ve just opted to remain mum vs. comment.  Or perhaps thenerdyteacher is right...and all my fans' comments are being lost in cyberspace.  C’est la vie.  I shall prevail and continue.

For all intents and purposes, I’ve enjoyed my media-sharing tools and growing resources.  Whilst playing a mostly voyeuristic role amongst the masses, I am learning far more than I could have imagined without these media tools.  It is truly amazing what is offered to ‘us’ on the worldwide web!  As a high-school teacher, I have been able to incorporate many ed-tech tools into lesson plans; model and illustrate difficult concepts in visuals of another teacher’s making and just learn something new each and every day.  Using the various media tools, I’ve been able to truly embrace and promote relevance, rigor and relationships for myself and for my students.  To illustrate my glee and giddy, punchy self, I’ve composed a quirky, silly pun:

Yes, I am aTwitter with many things and nings proffered through this delicious secondlife of educational networking.  I truly diigo the opportunities I have to livebinder myself to bigger, brighter educators around the edmodo globe and in wikispaces.  While I was initially a bit weebly wix my limitations, I am PLNing that I am destined to continue growing personally and professionally.

2 comments:

  1. Hi:
    Very clever conclusion.

    -j-

    ReplyDelete
  2. We're all like trees. Everyone is branching off in different directions at once. Sometimes the branches intersect and you can have a nest. She's right! Let's make some eggs people!

    ReplyDelete